Liberal Party of America

The Liberal Party of America's political blog "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"

  • PURCHASE FROM COMPLICITY TO CONTEMPT FROM AMAZON.COM HERE
  • Open Secrets
  • Smirking Chimp

    Monday, January 30, 2006

    Hamas a Surprise?

    LPA: This is not an article to gloat, but I knew Hamas was going to win that election, and I never left my living room in Florida. What does that say for our government in Washington? I mean what do we pay them for? Maybe you people forgot, but they DO work FOR us, not the other way around. They coundn't even get this right. I wasn't going to say anything, but when I saw "Condi" Rice tell the NY Times that nobody saw it coming, I almost slapped myself. I mean am I living in a dream world here?
    Did nobody see it coming when they found no WMD's in Iraq? Did nobody see it coming when the government found out that foriegn nation's don't like the idea of being occupied by another power no matter how good the intentions are? Did nobody see it coming when a Category 4 (near 5) hit New Orleans and put "The Chocolate City" underwater for weeks? When ARE they going to see something coming. You right wingers forget the biggest one of all. They didn't see it coming when four jets were hijacked out of our own airports and used top kill almost 3,000 people. They also didn't see it coming when almost 2300 soldiers died and almost 17,000 wounded came back from the middle east.
    Frankly, for me, the next three years can't go by fast enough (If I make it that long). I can't understand why Americans put up with this nonsense from a government that can't function. If I saw it coming by reading the paper and getting on my computer and reading the foriegn press, then why didn't they? Because they have a terminal case of political blindness. They don't see what is really going on, they see what they believe is going on, what their "advisors" tell them is going on. That has been the way Washinton has operated since "W" got there. Maybe it's time he started to read the newspapers and watch the news instead of relying on advisors that tell him everything he wants to hear.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger OSSRD said...

    The culture of narrow "yes men" policy analysis in the neocon White House (and now State Dept.) is coming home to roost. This is what happens when our government predetermines all policy positions based on dogma instead of common sense. Then again, how could we have gone to war in Iraq based on the facts? Clearly the same type of preordained policy vision is causing our diplomatic and intelligence services to hemorrhage. The task of Liberals now is to identify candidates for the House and Senate who will check this incompetence until it is finally defeated in 2008.

    9:58 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I, too, have never been able to see why this Administration just can't see the things that are so clear to everyone else. I remember LBJ and Nixon, but this is far worse; at least with them you could figure they would act in their own self-interest. And some issues, like global warming, are gonna get a lot worse while we wait to get rid of these chumps.

    I don't see how Iraq could get worse.
    JBob

    12:02 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home