Liberal Party of America

The Liberal Party of America's political blog "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"

  • PURCHASE FROM COMPLICITY TO CONTEMPT FROM AMAZON.COM HERE
  • Open Secrets
  • Smirking Chimp

    Thursday, November 17, 2005

    I Feel Honored to Call Myself Liberal

    LPA: When Sue Gamble asked me to help her with this endeavor, I was thrilled. The idea of starting a new political party is to me, a giant responsibility. I have no idea of how we will start, or where we will go with this. I don't know how or when we will field any candidates for office or just endorse the best candidates. I suspect that if this party takes off, that we will field our own candidates once we have enough support to not be spoilers for an election. I talked with Sue and told her that if in the future, we would never run a candidate in the way that ruined John Kerry's chances in 2004. That was a miserable move in my opinion. Nader knew he didn't have a chance in hell of winning that election. Still, he wanted to make a point and feed his own ego by taking votes away from somebody that might have saved us from looking like the Third Reich in many countries eyes.
    I also told Sue Gamble that I would keep my ties to the Democratic Party. They are the only viable alternative to the Neo-Conservites that the Republicans have been courting for the last decade. I believe that this country is at a great point in history. It will either go wildly to the right, or the pendulum will swing back towards sanity. I would like to believe that the Liberal Party can help move the pendulum in that direction. I believe that if we work hard enough, and if enough people can stand up to the right and join with us, we can make a difference, and take back our country from the hijackers, without causing a crash. I believe that together, we really can make a difference.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home